- 02-Oct-2013 to 16-Oct-2013 (EST)
- Home Care
- Lawrence, MA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley seeks an experienced Social Worker/Case Manager to work as a Geriatric Support Services Coordinator (GSSC) at our agency.
The GSSC will conduct health and functional assessment for elders enrolled in Senior Care Organizations (SCO). The GSSC will also develop and monitor service plans to promote the client's overall health and independence. The GSSC will work with an interdisciplinary team to assure effective coordination and delivery of care in the client's home. Bilingual ability in Spanish is Required.
• Conducts initial and ongoing assessments on new members/enrollees and completes the required assessment tools and computer data entry.
• Collaborates with the RN to develop community care plans.
• Arranges, coordinates and authorizes the provision of appropriate non-medical services.
• Monitors the outcomes of the developed community care plan.
• Acts as a liaison between the SCO and ASAP Care Manager.
• Participates in the organization and promotion of health related programs and activities.
• Attends Primary Care Team meetings as required.
• Participates in Team meetings and activities as a team member.
BA/BS in social work, human services or related field required; experience with Elders in a Health Care setting preferred; Associates Degree with significant relevant work experience may be substituted for portion of degree. Strong written, verbal, computer and skills necessary to work successfully in an interdisciplinary team required. Bilingual ability in Spanish Required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $18.98 per hour
ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND A RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!